Thursday, January 12, 2012

New/Old Book

I added this book to my collection after seeing it at a recent doll auction. The book was part of a box lot. I looked it over and it seemed interesting--tho the auction copy was completely destroyed--water-soaked which had washed off the lower half of the books print. Buyer beware! I got on Amazon and ordered a used copy and it just arrived today. It is written kind of conversationally and also references real people like we should all know them--individual doll collectors of the time (1940). Reads like a society page sometimes. It does have some American copyright applications for some dolls, which is interesting. I would love to see books with a lot more research on a specific kind of doll--especially wood dolls. I am tired of seeing stuff on the fancy European dolls.

No comments: